Annews24.com, Here is the Top 10 Monuments of History, 10 Most Famous Historical Monuments of India. Taj Mahal, Agra. Mysore Palace, Mysore. Harmandir Sahib, Amritsar. Brihadishwara Temple, Thanjavur. Bahai Temple, Delhi. Hawa Mahal, Jaipur. Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai. Victoria Memorial, Kolkata. but here we have listed all,
- Situated in Ireland.
- Despite the fact that road builders ran into the monument in the XVII century, people started to research this mysterious landmark only three centuries later.
- The excavations showed it was a barrow: perfectly round with an impressive diameter, and older than the Egyptian pyramids.
- In the middle, archaeologists found a tomb.
- If you happen to visit Newgrange during the solstice, you can see a real astronomical phenomenon — a ray of light gradually fills the entire room.
- The Irish superstitions say that this place is the entrance to the country of elves and fairies.
— Annews24 (@AfricanewsT) April 27, 2019
- Situated in China.
- The mausoleum Qin Shi Huang keeps more than 8000 statues of Chinese warriors and horses.
- They were buried together with the governor regardless of tradition.
- This handmade army from 200 BC is life-sized with the smallest of details, and no two faces are the same.
- During the excavations (from the 1970s) scientists have had to act extremely carefully.
- Top 10 Remote Cities and Capitals on Earth 2019 – 2020
- Top 10 Countries With Best Air Force In The World Today
- Situated in England.
- According to legend, the stone complex was built by the magician Merlin.
- In fact, Stonehenge appeared long before the hypothetical time of King Arthur’s companion.
- But how did people transport these impossibly heavy boulders from the quarry that was found hundreds of kilometers away?
- Situated in Cambodia.
- It is a temple.
- Europeans weren’t aware of this complex till the XIX century.
- Having learned of it, they doubted that it was built by the Khmer people.
- The masonry is very dense: sometimes you can’t even find the seams.
- The stones are extremely smooth.
- The construction is kept together with its own weight.
- The ensemble of 200 temples was planned in such a way that a traveler approaching from either side can only see three of them.
- Situated in Jordan.
- The masters had to show remarkable patience, turning the rocks into the masterpiece of Petra.
- So, at the end of the cool Siq canyon, there opens a fantastic view of the facade with columns and porticos — Al-Khazneh (the ’treasury’ in Arabic).
- It is said to be a temple or a mausoleum.
- The problem is trying to understand how the carvers worked.
5.The Easter Island Statues
- Situated in Chile.
- A small piece of land on the waters of the Pacific Ocean is covere with gigantic moai.
- There’s evidence that they moved from place to place.
- There are also ritual stands that are heavier than the idols themselves.
- Unfortunately, people whose descendants could shed light on how these huge statues moved died a long time ago because of slave traders.
- There’s only one path to solve the mysteries of the island — to look directly at the silent statues.
- Situated in Guatemala.
- The largest Maya settlements.
- There are artificial ponds, a field for a ball game, and palaces.
- But on forming the town squares special attention is given to the pyramids,.
- They were built in a temporary pattern corresponding to the periods of its development.
- There are many theories about their functions: religious buildings, research centers, cemeteries, or all of the above. The etymology of the name ’Tikal’ is also unclear.
- Its nick name is “the City of Voices”.
- Even a whisper there echoes hollowly.
- Situated in Costa Rica.
- The prehistoric petrospheres from the Pacific coast almost became victims of vandalism.
- The artifacts still suffered.
- To attract tourists, they put on the city squares.
- Because of the constant movements, an exact dating is impossible.
- The theory of their origin by water turned out not to be viable.
- Situated in Lebanon.
- A temple ensemble in this antique style is the pearl of the ruins of a once prosperous city.
- The only thing is, Romans didn’t have any technology that could let them install these stone blocks that weigh up to 1000 tons (these very ones lie on the bottom).
- Just for us to compare: the Athenian Parthenon is half the size of the Lebanese giant, and the largest block of the Great Pyramid weighs ’only’ 90 tons.
- The foundation’s creation is attribute to the Egyptians, if not to giants.
1.Dolmens of North Caucasus
- Situated in Russia.
- Here on the mountain slopes stands small houses built of flat stones.
- There are holes on the facades that can be close with a stopper.
- The surprising fact is that the plates’ weight is calculated in tons, but they fit so precisely that not even a knife blade could fit between them.
- The age of these constructions reaches 5000 years. Some dolmens, such as Volkonsky, are famous for their healing properties.