Members of the public ought to be reminded that public assemblies and processions are regulated by the provisions of the Public Order Management Act (POMA) 2013. No member of his family has worked out a mechanism for these intended processions and assemblies as provided for in the law.
As a result, they are unlawful and would disrupt normal business activities including movement of people to and from the airport. A section of parents and members of the public are very concerned at such unlawful, unregulated activities.
Therefore, in order to maintain peace, law and order, the following guidelines shall apply:
- On his arrival, the Hon. MP will be received at Entebbe International Airport by his immediate family.
- He will be availed security from the airport to his home.
- Police will further ensure law and order for all road users.
- There shall be no unlawful rallies, processions and assemblies.
- Any activity that entails a public gathering must be in conformity with the provisions of Public Order Management Act (POMA).
- The Hon. MP is expected to comply with the traffic laws and regulations.
In conclusion, the police shall work with sister security agencies to ensure that there is law and order and total peace.
SSP Emilian Kayima,
Public Relations Officer,
UGANDA POLICE FORCE
SEPTEMBER 19TH, 2018